Good public speaking skills are particularly important if you are launching a startup or creating any kind of business. They can dramatically increase your success.
How do you pitch to your clients, employees, partners and investors in a more engaging and compelling way?
In this 9 min video, you'll learn 10 techniques from Matt Abrahams to better plan, prepare, practice and deliver your next presentation.
1) Acknowledge your anxiety
2) Work on your breathing, take deep breaths
3) Warm up your voice
4) Focus on your audience and worry less about yourself
5) Write down your fears
6) Expect success and focus on how well your presentation can go instead of how wrong it can go
7) Reframe your presentation as a conversation instead of a performance
8) Avoid procrastination in preparing your presentation
9) Plan for contingencies
10) Break away from powerpoint and slides
Matt Abrahams is a passionate, collaborative and innovative educator and coach. He has published research articles on cognitive planning, persuasion, and interpersonal communication.